Citations and References
I offer a thorough review of your citations and references either as a standalone service if that’s all you need or, more commonly, as an add-on service to copyediting. I can work with whichever style your target publishing venue requires, including APA, MLA, Chicago, AMA, Nature, Harvard, Vancouver, AEA, AFA, and Blue Book, just to name a few. Before starting, I’ll verify your target venue’s style and format your references and citations accordingly.
This editing includes the following:
- Verifying the references are correct and complete and updating them as needed
- Are the author names complete and correctly spelled?
- Is the title correct?
- Is the publication information complete and correct?
- Is there a DOI or URL present if the publication’s style uses them?
- Making sure the reference and citations are in the correct format for the publication’s style
- Verifying that all citations have matching references and vice versa (I omit this part for BibTeX since it’s taken care of automatically)
If your references are linked to a citation manager like Zotero, Mendeley, EndNote, etc., either I’ll need to have access to your collection to make changes directly or I’ll just add comments explaining the needed changes.
Rates for citations and references may vary based on how much research is required. Typical rates for verifying and formatting references and citations are below, but please contact me for a firm quote. There is a minimum charge of $100 unless combined with my copyediting service.
All amounts are in US dollars.
- BibTeX and BibLaTeX: $2 / reference
- BibItem: $4 / reference
Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- In-text citations and bibliography section (e.g., APA, Chicago): $4 / reference
- References in footnotes or end notes only (e.g., Nature, AMA): $3 / note